The mission of DIG is to provide medical student exposure to as well as opportunities in the field of Dermatology.
1) We hope to increase interest and understanding to a field which is not one of the core rotations that all students will take during second year through physician lectures, as well as hands on suturing workshops.
2) Provide career advancement opportunities in the field of dermatology including mentorship, call for research opportunities as well as information sessions on residency applications.
– Student/Faculty/Resident Social Hour: Mixer with faculty and residents discussing how to apply to a Dermatology residency in a relaxed setting over at Tobacco Road.
– Introduction to Dermatology with Dr. Lesesky: We will discuss the basics of dermatology with common pathologies and receive a brief introduction to the faculty of Duke’s Dermatology Department.
– First Annual Skin Cancer screening events: at El centro Health fair and at TROSA
– Dermatology Research Forum with Dr. Hall
– Laser Workshop by Dr. Claude Burton