The Duke chapter of the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) is the only organization completely dedicated to the needs, concerns, and interests of all medical students with a variety of tangible membership benefits and forward-thinking positions on advancing the field of medicine. The Duke Chapter has been a leading chapter nationally, especially in the PharmFree campaign, and fostered student leadership up to the ranks of national AMSA officers.
Duke AMSA is committed to advancing and raising awareness of the following on the Duke campus:
1) Improving health care and healthcare delivery to all people
2) Promoting active improvement in medical education
3) Involving its members in the social, moral and ethical obligations of the profession of medicine
4) Assisting in the improvement and understanding of world health problems
5) Contributing to the welfare of medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and post-MD/DO trainees; and advancing the profession of medicine
Some of the events that we do each year include: Policy and a Pint night, speakers on various topics, volunteer activities, national and regional conferences, and lunch discussions. We also participate in many of the national campaigns within AMSA nationally ie. PharmFree campaign. Each event is meant to foster an environment where as members can talk about events and health care issues that affect us as medical students. The events are also meant to serve as a time where we as students can have fun and interact with fellow medical students from around the nation.
We look forward to working with you to continue to realize AMSA’s missions locally, at a state-level, nationally, and globally.
2015 – 2016 Schedule
AMSA Medical Student – PreMedical Student Mentorship Program
Mentor – Mentee Pairing
Mock Interviews (Traditional and MMI)
1:1 Events with Students
AMSA Duke-UNC Mixer
Policy and Pint Night
Speaker Series on Affordable Care Act
Community Health Fairs