Category: Interest Group
The Student Interest Group in Neurology (SIGN) fosters medical student interest in Neurology by providing opportunities for students to interact with faculty members and explore potential career paths. Our primary activities include lunch seminars in which students are able to interact with faculty from different neurological disciplines, dinners at the homes of our faculty members, and a formal mentorship program. SIGN also collaborates with the undergraduate Neuroscience Majors Union group to encourage medical neuroscience interest in undergraduates as well as developing mentorship skills in medical students.
Some of our events this year include:
- Chair’s Dinner with Dr. Richard O’Brien
- SIGN Intro Lunch and Faculty Career Talk
- Nasher Museum Reflections Tour (tour for dementia patients and their caregivers) “tag-along”
- Neurological Exam and Procedure Day
- Emeritus Lecture with Dr. E. Wayne Massey
- Additional events TBA!
Contact our current group leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns or if you would like to join SIGN!